Honduras San Pedro East Mission

Monday, October 24, 2016

Last Week at CCM

So fun to see Elder Josh so happy!  Today is the day he arrives in Honduras!  Waiting anxiously to hear...
Elder Andrew Craven and Elder Gardner


Futbol Rapido outfit



Chastised by Elders who inspected 



Called to Serve
Its been another busy week but its been good. I got my flight plans for Honduras on Tuesday and its pretty crazy. my flight is at 4 am Arizona time on Tuesday morning . Its a 2 hour flight to El Salvador and then an  hour flight to San Pedro. From there I'm not sure what will happen but at least Ill be with other people in my district.  I'm excited to go even though I still need a lot of work on the languange.  I sure I'll learn fast though! I packed my bags today and I'm all set to go , just a few other small things I need to do.We had Bonnie Oscarson, the young women's general president, visit us this week. It was cool except she mainly tallked to the sisters. Christofferson is also in Mexico so it was a little disappointing that it wasn't him. But I got plenty of good notes to keep me alive so Ill be fine!

A lot of the guys here love my ties and we had kind of a black market in our house the other night. I traded a few but for the most part kept my closet locked until they left haha. Things go missing fast when there's 10 guys in your room!

Its been kinda weird to be here cause you meet so many awesome people, but then they leave  just a week or two later and you know that you'll probably never see or talk to them again. Its been awesome to be around so many cool people here and how I can connect with different people just because we are in the same situation.

I probably won't be able to email again until the 20 or 21 so until then be safe!

Avanza Su Verdad!
Love,
Elder Gardner



The pictures are me with Andrew Craven, it was his first week here! He went to my high school and we hung out a little. The other one is me in my futbol rapido outfit. Great times!

yeah not til  the next monday, i forgot the do the date different here   so i based it off the 10 month  haha. Its hard to keep track of days here love you!

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Nicole Gardner <wesandnicole@hotmail.com> wrote:
Love this!  Lookin good!  What do you mean the 20-21st to email?  Today is the 20th.  Next Monday is the 24th - you go to Honduras the 25th.  Do you think pday will be Monday the 31st?  Halloween?  Dad will  be in London.  We will be anxiously awaiting news from Honduras!  So exciting!
I love you! 
Love,
Mom

Answer to Mom:
Sounds crazy! Typical  though its always crazy at home. yes I  am very excited to get there but also a little scared! Not too bad though yet. Language is a little better but the grammar is hard. I'm still a little sick but pretty much over it. There's lots of rumors about my mission here so I'm just ignoring them until I actually get there and see for myself. One of the volunteers we taught last night shared  this crazy experience of how he got in a car accident and was in a coma and was going to the light, but then someone told him he cant go yet because he needs to help his family find the gospel. they are all Catholic and he is the only member so that was a cool story.

.A cool talk if you want something to do is by President Holland.. Um I think its about preach my gospel? It's an MTC talk. But he tells the story of Peter, of how he went back to fishing after Christ died instead of continuing to preach. Until Christ was resurrected and came back for peter. Anyways its really cool and powerful and i wont give away the best part for me, but everyday the words  Elder Holland quoted echo in my head and its been awesome for me as I've been reading Jesus the Christ. There so many insights that i see now whenever I read the BOM or the Bible from that book.

haha OK so this picture is what the Latinos in our house gave us. We had a house inspection last week, but they did it during pday when we were in the middle of laundry and doing things so we didn't do very good on it. That night the Latinos came in with their own inspection. It was pretty funny.
Love you and have good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment