Honduras San Pedro East Mission

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Miracles are Real - Another Great Week- September 29, 2016

District 11C Mexico City Temple

Elder Gardner and Elder Hafoka

Mexico City CCM District 11C


Elder Gardner and Elder Sessions

Well its been a great time here so far and time is flying. First thing is that miracles are real and I witnessed one. The Elder who had his face crushed a while back spent 7 hours in the operating room and received a total of 11 titanium plates in his face. He is definitely very lucky to be alive. Not even a week after he was injured, he was already back here and going to his classes. He will need to go home for some more surgeries after this completely heals, but his recovery is a miracle and he is very lucky. I testify to you all the the power of God is real and he watches over his children. I have seen so many blessings in the short time i have been here. I have learned so much. I have seen lots of progress in myself but i still have a long ways to go. My district is great and we all get along real good. 5 others in my district are going to my mission, 4 are going to the other Honduras mission, and then 2 are going other places. My companion is great and I have learned a lot from him already. A lot of these guys have problems with the sleep schedule, but I mean 8 hours is pretty much vacation for me, plus the lord promises blessings with obedience. I know if it wasn't enough, through being obedient through the Lord He will make it sufficient for us.

Haha theres always gunshots going off here. Were super high up in the clouds so its always raining and foggy. Ill probably go through quite a few umbrellas over the next two years, but things aren't too expensive here so its not a big deal. Thanks for your support and prayers, things are coming along great for me. I forgot to mention but they made my companion district leader so that's a fun time. Ha he lost the key to the mail this week and the hermanas were freaking out on him. But he was able to buy another one and now I'm responsible for the mail key haha.Were going to the temple again today and that will be great. Its about a 6 hour trip total so pretty much my whole pday. They have a little shop across the street that I'm going to get some cool stuff from. I underestimated the amount of normal clothes I would need but its not a big deal since the stuff here is like $4 US. The pictures are me and my district and my companion. Hopefully they are good because i didn't check them.

Love you guys and thanks for everything.
Elder Gardner

To Mom and Dad:
This week was great! Can't remember anything major that happened but they keep us super busy. The Lord is definitely helping with the language though the gift of tongues but only as hard as I work for it. I'm sending a letter hopefully today if i have time. Sunday is probably the best day here, we have sacrament and other priesthood meetings, lots of personal study time and 2 devotionals. It is awesome and truly a day of rest! I started reading the bible and there is some crazy stuff that they used to do back then. My favorite chapter  this week is Romans 8. I want to study it some more when i have time.Every Tuesday we have either an area 70 come or we get a broadcast from Provo MTC or a  general authority. They are super awesome. Hey I'm not a greenie here anymore! Our zone leaders leave this Monday so well see who they pick to be the new ones. I thought there was a blog but i guess not if you cant find one. OH and tell Dallin i found Chuck Sessions from the singles ward! he has a completely different schedule so it was super lucky i ran into him. There are about 800 missionaries here. The lessons are getting better as i learn more Spanish but they are still hard haha. Its hard to understand and hear what they are saying. I found out how to get my camera to work but i haven't really taken too many pictures yet. Other than the miracle of healing i saw earlier nothing has stood out too much but I'm sure there have been many others here. The Lord definitely is protecting his missionaries, no matter how immature some of them are.
That's crazy about Jarom, hopefully he gets caught up and i hope he is doing okay.
For Ben- whats up buddy! Ben bruh! Keep working working hard and be good buddy! I miss you and love you bro! keep up the clanning doobie bruh! 

Good job Brookly ! I'm glad you got the class almost finished. As long as you pass its ok! Love you!

Love you all and miss you
Avanza Su Verdad ! 
Love Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment