Honduras San Pedro East Mission

Thursday, January 5, 2017

2017!

Loving Honduras


Helping with brickwork
Teaching at Catholic Church
What a productive year its been for me! So many great things as I look back on the past year that I've been able to learn and experience. 
So last Monday we went to the mall! A lot of the stores here have 50 percent off the whole store for a few days so we went and saw what we could find. Its funny cause even with half off, a lot of stuff is still more than the normal price in the states so there was not many people there haha. Some of these people can barely afford to eat, let alone shop for things. Crazy. 
On Wednesday we did a service project for a family in the ward. They are building kind of a garage  so we helped them with some of the brick work! It was fun and reminded me of the good old days when I did a little bit of brickwork. How fast things change! We like took off half their roof to do it haha, but the buildings here are very simple so it wasn't even that much. We're helping them again tomorrow with some concrete work. Then we have divisions (splits) for New Years Eve!  Super boring, my comp I got switched too had to go to the hospital to check out some heart pain. We waited 5 hours for just 15 minutes with the doctor, then afterwards visited 2 investigators before it was time to go inside. The power also went out, so even more reason to get home. I think the people used up most of the bombs they had for Christmas because New Years Eve was actually pretty quiet. Looking forward to an even better year this year in the service of the lord!
Love, Elder Gardner
So the pictures are of me at the service project on the roof, me teaching in the Catholic church here,( with nobody to listen to me unfortunately) and then also of my facebook worthy photo of me in Honduras. Living the dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment