Honduras San Pedro East Mission

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Howdy







Well another crazy week here that has felt like a year but at the same time, also flown by. So some of the bus drivers this week were having a protest and weren't driving. They were portesting the fact that they need a license to drive, because most of them are illegal and the military police have been doing random stop and searches of vehicles on the streets, which actually last week I was on a bus that got stopped and that was pretty scary, but a different story that I don't  have time for haha! (This story is in last weeks blog)  Anyways it was a dumb protest  that made it difficult for us to get   around but things all worked out for us in the end. We had a service  of probably 3 acres that need to be chopped, basically here we are the lawnmowers with machetes. we probably only got 1 acre done with the whole zone, and I had some pretty crazy blisters. But it was fun. 
This week a son of an inactive member died. he was in ms13 and the rival gang got him outside his house. Basically his funeral took the whole day, and the do funerals very different here! A lot of the gang was there on video calls with other members who couldn't make it, pretty crazy. 
anyways its been a pretty crazy week but I got some awesome pictures!
Love, Elder Gardner


Hope you enjoy these, literally the most exciting pictures of my mission so far. in my belief anyways.

so this was some graffiti by the service we did and I couldn't help but see such a great photo op hahah!

this guy on walked in on us during a lesson and decided to stick around to listen for a while

and this is one of the neighborhood drunks, Efrain. super funny, he talks English and when hes drunk hes always like hey come to my house and talk with me, because I understand you! and then when hes sober he doesn't remember anything and doesn't want anything to do with us. super funny and hes great

No comments:

Post a Comment