Honduras San Pedro East Mission

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving...in the states

Grateful for this boy who showed Elder Gardner and his companion the way when lost in the mountains of Honduras

Elder Gardner and Elder Guadarrama look happy to be found
Happy Thanksgiving.. in the states
We had a cool mercy this week. So we had to take a bus at 6 to a baptism.  It was 5  and we  were about a 35 minute walk to our next appointment . we wanted to share the video of the restauration, but there was definitly no way that we would have made it. I thought to myself, the only way we will be able to share this video is if we get a ride somehow. Not even 30 seconds later this little mototaxi shows up out of the nowhere and the guy tells us to get in! We were able to share the video and we had the father there too. The people here are always working, so we dont teach a lot of men. Anyways it was cool to see how everything came together, hopefully something good will come of it.
So theres been some new happenings with the crazy lady here! She moved all of her stuff right in front of the church, which we pass a lot more than where she used to stay. So every Sunday here they have a little farmers market. We were walking past it on our way to church on Sunday. They were playing Christmas music and then the crazy lady was  like hiding behind the car so I didn't even see her. But she grabs me and holds me super tight and tries to start dancing with me.  It was so funny and weird. I kind of just tried to get away from her, gently of course. Then she grabbed my companion and tried to dance with him.  We tried telling her like hey we got to go church! she said no importa! baile! A guy from the stake presidency happened to be driving past right then and saw everything. Pretty funny story.
It's been raining pretty much all week here but its been nice weather. Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving.
The pics are of we got a little lost and this kid kind of guided us through some of the mountains to where we were trying to go. Pretty crazy!
Love,
Elder Gardner

Notes to Mom with a little more insight personally:  

Hi mom! I got the packages last week. I got letters sent for Christmas so that's good. We have ants in our apartment and they also found the package... I keep the candy in the fridge now but most pieces will need to be washed since  there's smashed ants in most of them now... that was an adventure haha. Any suggestions for ants? I sprayed permethrin idk how its spelled all over.. idk what it is but its all I have. so hopefully it works. I need to get boots and I'll prob use g and gs money for the that in the next week or 2. we have to get permission from the mission president to buy them since the place where they are actually affordable is pretty far away. But yeah my call letter is def only for US missions, a lot of stuff we can use here  that would be useful. Over time I'll probably get everything love you and  my letter this week has a few funny things!

No comments:

Post a Comment