Honduras San Pedro East Mission

Monday, November 14, 2016

Week 2

Hello,
It's been another week already. The girls here love the gringos and I get lots of comments when we're just walking around- but nothing to crazy has happened yet. We have a few people who are pretty interested, but of course everyone has a few problems. For most of the people here, its that they need to get married, but its difucult/ expensive for them to do that. Its been dificult to not understand what anyone has been saying for the past few weeks but I'm slowly understanding a little more of the people who speak clearly. We have a baptism this Saturday so that should be good.  Our mission president only lets us write for 30 min so don't have lots of time. I guess the old one who just left let them write for 2 hours, bummer. Anyways the work here is going good and I'm looking foward to being able  to know this languange.
Have  a blessed week everyone!
Love,
Elder Gardner

Hi mom! Our Mis Pres only wants us to write for 30 min so don't have lot of time. Yeah its been really hard here since I don't understand anything the people are saying and I don't think they understand me very well either. When I got here I had to pay 30 for literally 2 sheets so not happy about that. I bought a blanket today but need to handwash it prob tomorrow. Also I cant find earplugs here, just foam earplugs would be great to help me sleep cause I haven't been sleeping good. Lots of loud birds and chickens here and raindrops also. I miss you and the fam but I figure if I can just stick it out the first few months to learn the language it will get better. I'll try to write a general email now with a few things that happened this week love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment