Honduras San Pedro East Mission

Monday, December 5, 2016

Still Alive

Thanksgiving Meal


Pretty good Thanksgiving ! I bought a potato from a little market and that was very exciting for me. We got bashed on by a Jehovah's Witness for about 2 hours so that was fun. I love how he just ignored when we taught him about Joseph Smith and just insisted that our beliefs are all wrong with scriptures. For me it just made it more clear that God is our Eternal Father, with His son Jesus Christ at His side and the Holy Ghost as a comforter. When we tried to testify he either interrupted or at the end he just left real quick. Kind of funny but he knows that we know what teach has power. 
So a less active we visited a week ago we saw in the church working on family history! that was exciting to see that we kind of rekindled her flame.
This week we visited a lady that we can only visit with other members. I guess she used to be in MS-18. Anyways were not allowed to accept any food or drink she offers us in case she tries drugging us. I guess shes tried to do things to other missionaries in the past so I don't even know why we need to visit her, but the bishop wants us to. So be it!
The Evangelical churches here kind of freak me out. We walk past them and people inside are just screaming their heads off. Its pretty scary. A church close by us had a revival that lasted 2 full days and a night. I did not get much sleep that night!
 Anyways pretty good week, i hope you all had a good Thanksgiving and were safe. I know these things I'm teaching out here are true!
Love, 
Elder Gardner

This was my Thanksgiving feast! Also what the roads look like here a lot of the time, and me trying to get a picture with one of the pigs here, but he didn't like me much. Have a great week!

Note to Mom:
Doing good, have lots of stomach pain lately. Language is getting better, just need to study slash apply the grammar and learn more words. yes please send earplugs! just in the box though, they don't need to be a separate thing. Just something that would be nice to have haha. so we have about 500 in our ward, but only about 70 or 80 active. Pretty big area, so idk how many haha. but a lot for sure. some speak broken English, but most just know one or 2 phrases. It's been pretty cool while its been raining here!  This is the coolest time of the year though i think. its not too bad right now though, just the humidity. love you! oh and if you could also send  5 or 6 dollar bills, and some change. The missionaries from different countries like to trade, but i only have a 5 bill since i cleaned out my wallet before i came!  oh and also on my mp3 if you could put the songs from the cultural celebration and some Jericho road. Thanks love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment