Honduras San Pedro East Mission

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Great Week 2/6/17

Prayers of a Momma and Dad are answered.
Elder Josh with new companion Elder Vera from Ecuador

Hey everybody it's been a great week here in Honduras. I have a new comp, Elder Vera, from Ecuador! My trainer is the new secretary of migration, so he is being trained for a few weeks before he actually starts. Anyways he is helping me a lot with my spanish and everything  and it's great to be here. This week we helped a member build part of a house he's building a house for his son, because the most expensive part is the labor. So he told his son if he bought the material he would build the house for him. The people here don't have a lot, but they have enough. We did splits, me with 6 kids from primary. It was a great activity for the kids to see what it's like being a missionary and try to do it themselves a little. Anyways things are going great here and every day is a blessing for sure.
Love Elder Gardner


Hey Mom, things are going great here. I got a new comp, He is great. He is helping me a lot with my spanish and everything. We got a ton done this week and he likes to work. its great to be working with him and actually showing him the area was super easy  .a lot of the other missionaries have told me he's one of the worst in the mission and all kinds of bad things about him, but right now he's great we work together great and hes also a great friend. I can feel your prayers working and i feel a  lot more confident with everything that im doing here. love you mom  maybe I'll write a general email today since I have some time right now. love you!

Hey Dad, the weather here isn't bad either but its about to be the worst part of the year in April, so not looking forward to that. ha I need to do more exercise too, I've gained 10 pounds here.It's just hard since we get so much food and my new comp secured dinners for the whole week. My new comp is Elder Vera from Ecuador, I told mom a little about him but he is helping me a ton and is a huge blessing to me right now. with my spanish and with the work. Things are truly great here dad and even though the days are super long and  its a long time before I see you guys again, I know that this is where I'm supposed to be and I'm startomg to like it a lot more. love you dad praying for everything to work out, thanks for all your prayers they are definitely working. love you dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment