Honduras San Pedro East Mission

Sunday, March 19, 2017

6 Months Out! 3/13/17


Hey Everybody,
 Today is officially 6 months. It's gone by fast and I'm blessed to be out here working in the vineyard of the Lord. This week not much happened, we had a zone meeting and divisions with the ZL which was pretty fun. I was in their area, and we left the house to our first appointment of the day. We pass this guy at a bus stop, and he comes up behind us, puts his arms around our shoulders, and starts asking some questions. I didn't know it at the time, but he has robbed the missionaries before. 
So the first thing he asks is, the Lord walks with you guys right? 
 We said yeah, the Lord is with us, why? 
Good, then I'm going to walk with you guys for a little.
Well actually, we aren't going on this street. We're going over there.( we actually were going on the street, but we were the only people on that street, so we had to change our plans to avoid being alone with him.)
No, you're here, on this street. let's go.
Nope, sorry we're going this way
Why are you scared? Why are you scared of me? The Lord is with you right?
(now this guy, with him you could feel something pretty evil. I was thinking, yah, the Lord is with us, but he's not with you right now, so we aren't going anywhere with you.)
I'm not scared, I'm just going a different way.
Fine. do you have any money so I can buy a soda? Will you buy me a soda?
Nope sorry, don't have anything, see you later.

So that's kinda how that conversation went with him. ha I actually was pretty scared, and i actually had kind of a lot of money but it turned out fine. he also asked me if I was new, and how he likes the new people here. So creepy haha. Elder Nielson, who I was with, gave him money the last he tried to haggle them so that why he skipped the other missionaries that passed a few minutes earlier and waited for us. but last time he also had a machete so that's a pretty good reason haha. I'm glad he's not in my area haha.
Other than that I've been trying to get to know my new area, it's pretty big and we spend a lot of time walking. Last Monday I had a pretty high fever, so I took some medicine and checked my temperature again more than an hour later and it had gone up to 101!  I asked  my comp for a blessing and after than I didn't sleep pretty much the whole night but my fever went down and the next morning I was fine. A testimony of the power of the priesthood, since the medicine didn't help me at all and I was worse off after I took it. It is awesome to be out here experiencing how the spirit works in other people's lives and also my own. love you all
love 
Elder Gardner

Hey Dad 
Sounds like a fun project going on. I wish I could be there to help, I miss doing stuff like that. I'm sure Joe Palmer would have let you use his tractor for a while  if you asked him. idk if it would be a help, just an idea haha. Mom sent a few pictures of it and its looks like its coming pretty good! things are pretty good here, O had interviews with Pres this week. mine was only 6 minutes long. that was kind of sad since it was an hour and a half bus ride to get there, but I guess that's a good thing if he doesn't have a lot to talk about with me. My companion is super nice, but he likes to argue about the dumbest things and he just keeps bringing it up later. kind of annoying but I can live with it. most of the time I just ignore it like I did with dallin haha. 6 months has gone by fast, it's weird really. My spanish is alright, some of the other guys who were about the same as me when we started together have progressed a lot more than me. I think it's because my trainer never talked to me in the streets or anything, pretty much the only time I talked was in the lessons. but I'm seeing lots of progress now and I just got to keep trying. ha last monday I ended the night with a 99 fever, I took some medicine and checked my temp more than an hour later and it was 101. that was kind of scary so i asked my comp for a blessing.  I didn't really sleep the whole night, but about 2 in the morning my fever was gone. so that was cool to see blessings work and I've been fine since. 
love you dad wish I could help with the project!

Hi Mom
The new area is super big and pretty much  just walking all day. pretty much the same schedule as before but this week we had lots of meetings in progreso, which is an hour and a half bus ride away. and we have another this week. also my and my comp spent a little time sick, for me just headaches from the sun i think. yes there is a temple here, in Tegucigalpa but its pretty far so we don't get to go. ever. so pretty much I brought my temple bag and stuff just for it to take up room in my luggage haha. oh well. dont forget about my taxes, I should have a little from last year. I wrote dad a little about some things, I'm sure he shares it with you. love you mom, sounds crazy at home as always

No comments:

Post a Comment