Honduras San Pedro East Mission

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Week 5.25 2/20/17

2/20/17 Week 5.25
This week was pretty good. we had the dad a nonmember  but his family is all members. anyways  before he's always been nice with us but avoided religion. My comp starts talking with him and he starts getting so mad about he thinks religion is a joke and his whole body was just completely shaking. it was crazy and it ended with him yelling at my comp some bad names and for us to never come back. he apologized to me, since we had always been on good terms before. kind of crazy but alright, mainly more sad for his family, who weren't at church on sunday and i dont think he will let them go for a while. some people just have very hard hearts and just need time to accept the gospel. we also blessed a home that had some kind of spirit in it, and some weird things happening at night. that was a cool experience. I cant remember what else happened, somthing cool i know but maybe next week. anyways its been a good week, maybe I'll have transfers next week but we will see.
Love
Elder Gardner

Hey dad this week was good. working with les actives and people with non members in the family. we have 2 baptism for march so far but I might be transferred next week. either way I'm good, but I'd rather stay here in this area for a little longer. The members here are great  despite all the weird things that happen here.
 i miss you and love you dad. Thats cool that Ben won,
(Ben won Science Fair for 5th grade class with Pencil Resistor that Wes helped with)
 yes it is always better to talk things in person haha. I'm glad that turned out good for now anyways. this week passed fast. love you dad
hi mom, good week here. no the people here aren't that poor, they have enough to have hard hearts haha.  They don't have a lot but they have what they need. most people work just to pay for food for their families, living in houses made of pallets and wood with tin roofs.  hard to describe the money situation here,  its complex but there is poverty everywhere for sure. They live in poverty but don't know it.  
(We went to an empanada restaurant with Hargraves that served fried plantains that I didn't like but Wes did)
haha that's funny about the plantains, we eat those everyday here and I love them. here they are called tajetas . usually with beans and rice and some kind of meat. normal banana fried is super good too. we eat lots of the banana in general, mainly plantain. here it's all just banana haha so kind of hard to know for sure what we are getting. but enough about banana!
for Jaroms phone try connecting it to a computer and just reading the memory that way if you havent figured it out yet.
 ha I wish it would rain here, it's starting to get pretty hot and no one has ac here, only the barber shop, and the bishops and secretaries offices in the church have ac.  It's only supposed to get hotter and hotter though, I need to buy a temp somewhere so i know in fahrenheit what the temp is. in April it's supposed to get to 46 degrees celsius . yeah not looking forward to that haha.
 well what's not to be grateful for? that saying that you don't know what you have, until you don't have it is true haha. everything is different here but it is what it is. 
also I'm sending some letters, I've been trying to send them for a few weeks but the meetings and mail schedule have all been whack.

love you mom and miss you, hope the family is doing good and things will work out. I don't like being in the learning process of spanish, I wish I could just know it. Lots of people don't understand me due to bad grammar and pronunciation and it's a little frustrating to have 5 months here and not know it very good. the members always compare to other missionaries like oh he was talking fluent after just 1 month here.. like ok  but I'm not him, I'm me and so I just have to keep trying my best. so yeah thats one thing that's hard. anyways love you and miss you all

No comments:

Post a Comment