Honduras San Pedro East Mission

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Josh is 20! 1/30/17

It is hard as a Mom to have your son so far away and his first birthday not celebrated at home with quite the usual festivities I like to do to make them feel special.  I know he'll be blessed but sometimes growing experiences are hard to hear as a Momma.  He didn't ever receive the letters we sent before Christmas by SLC pouch mail for his birthday.
This is what Josh wrote to everyone this week:
Kind of a boring birthday, but we have some good investigators. The work is going good here. this was a cake and the fam that threw a little party for me. Love you guys and miss you.

Love, Elder Gardner



Hey Dad   Thanks for writing, sounds crazy as always. It was a pretty boring a sad birthday for me, mainly cause I was missing everyone.  A family in a different area came and threw a little party for me so that was fun, but really about it, for celebrating. This week a less active family that we found is making dinner for me too, cool that we found them because no one from the church has visited them in 6 years! but they loved the missionaries  then and still do now haha. our mission president knows that our bishop has lots of problems, and so does the stake president. this ward is super weird to work in, most of the ward is inactive because of something the Bishop has sad or done to them. super weird, this area used to be 2 areas but the attendance to church dropped so low that now its only 1 big area for us. It is a challenge but hopefully I only have maybe 10 more weeks here or so. oh so we had the world wide training missionary broadcast and they changed a few things. now we only have 4 key indicators, new investigators, inv.with a bap, date,  inv, bap and con,  and invs in sacrament meeting. they also changed our daily schedule a bit which is good. I've been having some anxiety during planning and  when our visits fall short and we don't know what to do. It's hard but I'm just trying to work on one thing at a time now and I know the Lord will help me. love you dad and miss you
hey mom love you. another hard week and a hard birthday but its ok. I know that Sis Carlisle is watching your facebook  cause President mentioned some things to me about it haha. Sounds crazy as always at the house! love you and miss you all

No comments:

Post a Comment